Sunday, February 28, 2010

What's For Dinner? Sweet Sweet Chili & Sweet Corn Bread




What's for Dinner?
I get this alot.

More times than I can count.

They may not want to talk about their day,
what happened at school or at work.

But they're always ready to talk about dinner.

When the answer is:
Sweet Sweet Chili and Sweet Corn Bread
Their reply: Sweet



This is a very mild and sweet chili.
It can be spiced up with onion, garlic and
maybe some oregano, if desired.
My kids like it just the way it is.

I like to make the Sweet Corn Bread in
Heart Shaped Muffin Tins.



There is a funny story behind these.
The first time I made them a couple years ago,
I was so excited with how they turned out.
I turned to my son, Jonny, and held them up
and said, "Look what I made!"
The muffins went flying 
off my platter and behind the stove.
Jonny laughed.
I cried.

But now we all laugh.
Because, even though I tried my best
to retrieve all the muffins,
I know there is at least 1 petrified muffin
behind the oven that somebody will find oneday.
And they will know that someone in this household
baked with love ♥.  

2 comments: