Saturday, March 20, 2010

First Day of Spring!


Happy Spring Everybody!

What a beautiful day. The snow is melted.
Flowers are peeking.
Our little birdy is going crazy. I think he wants to be free.

So do we.

I think cabin fever has made us all a bit loopy.
Time to go outside and enjoy the sunshine and fresh air.

Spring is a sensory experience.

You feel it on your skin. You hear it in your ears.
You see colors that seem to have sprung up overnight.

The scent of spring is most powerful to me.
When I am permeated with the scent of hyacinths,
suddenly I am five years old
playing in my father's garden.

My father gave me hyacinth bulbs
for my birthday last fall.
I planted them in my front garden.
They were more than a birthday gift.

They were the gift of memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment