Friday, March 26, 2010

Three Good Men

These are three good men.

They released our Bishopric last Sunday.
It was bittersweet for my husband.
He thought this release would be wonderful.
Until a young girl handed him her tithing for the last time.

He just about lost it.

Over the pulpit he did. His wept freely and talked about how
the greatest part of serving is loving the people you serve.
Afterwards, he asked if I was embarrassed by his emotion.

How could he ask that?!

I married him because of his sensitivity.
He truly, deeply loves.
That is what I love most about him.
Besides, I told him:

Real men aren't afraid to cry.

The two most powerful words I know in the scriptures are:

Jesus wept.

It is its own verse in John 11.
And it speaks unfathomable volumes.

Compassion is defined in the dictionary
as a "human emotion."
I think it is better defined as a godly emotion.
We should never be ashamed of FEELING.

Hannah, however, is feeling great about Doug's release.
She has little memory of sitting with her father in sacrament
because Doug served in a former Bishopric
before we moved to our new home.
She is looking forward to Thumb Wars with her daddy!

6 comments:

  1. Tell Doug he can cry on the golf course too next time I beat him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must run in the family, cause I'm wepting reading the post. Doug, thank you for always being such a wonderful example. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim, I'll take you up on that offer.

    Doug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful picture and tribute. Can I post this on the RS blog? Or at least a link to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure Lisa! And I love that I get the feedburner updates for Movin' Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really tender on Sunday. I'm going to miss having Doug in the Bishopric, but like you said...more time for bowling!

    ReplyDelete