Friday, March 12, 2010

The Fort


Do you remember building forts as a kid?


I do.


My brother Rob and I would build fantastic forts.

They were our secret hideouts.
A place to dream and imagine.

I would read books for hours.

We would sleep in it at night.

I thought we were THE master fort builders.

Until now...


Hannah
(with a little help from mechanical engineering major Jonny)
built this fort while we were out to dinner tonight.

I didn't even know we had this many blankets.


Theirs kicks on any design I ever had as a kid.

This fort includes a big screen tv and refrigerator.

They even used the treadmill
as a working drawbridge at the entrance
to fend off encroachers.


Maybe we will have Family Home Evening
in the fort Monday night.

We can begin with...
"And my father dwelt in a tent." 


What were your favorite childhood projects?

1 comment:

  1. My kids love making forts too!! In fact, they are making one right now.

    ReplyDelete